Sunday, June 10, 2007

What does a Good Party Look Like?

One that Had a Lot of Bubbles...

picture photograph of empty bottles after a party 2007 copyright of sam breach http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/

When I brought three cases of my favourite Cremant de Limoux, I have to be honest, I didn't actually think we would drink that much. Perhaps I even had visions of me bathing in the remainder. As it turns out, only a small foot spa is possible. If you have a hangover today, is it my fault?




Local Resources
Cremant de Limoux Aimery Sieur d'Arques "1531", from KL WInes, note that the San Francisco store currently has none in stock because I probably bought it all. This wine is K&L's eighth best seller in the under $30 category and it is fabulous for parties!

Archives
2006 | Is New York Better than San Francisco?
2005 | Bix, The Helmand, Oola, Aziza.
2004 | Blowfish, Sushi to Die For?


© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
What does a Good Party Look Like?

14 Comments:

  • At 10/6/07 20:09, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Oh drat. Apparently it's not my fault, because I was too wounded to party with you.
    I'll just sit here quietly at home with my aching back, wishing I had a hangover.
    xx

     
  • At 10/6/07 20:44, Blogger Joy said…

    Well I don't have one, for obvious reasons, but Jon sure did!

     
  • At 10/6/07 22:10, Blogger Jennifer Maiser said…

    Yes dear, I put the blame for this hangover squarely on your shoulders. But it is a sweet one to have. Great party!

     
  • At 11/6/07 09:42, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Urg -- yours would have been the 4th event of the day had we made it, but I lost my steam on the way back from event #3 in Kensington (this, after having been down to the Peninsula -- we got the whole Bay Area treatment). Regrets for not making it. That looks like almost enough champers to get me to sing.

     
  • At 11/6/07 09:49, Blogger ChrisB said…

    Well dad and I had a couple of bottles of champagne over the weekend so I don't feel too left out.

     
  • At 11/6/07 09:54, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You, my love, know how to throw a damn fine party.

    Super happy birthday to you again, and what an awesome time with some of my favorite people on earth.

     
  • At 11/6/07 12:07, Blogger Trig said…

    Bloody hell Sam, how many people were at this party? I ask this because I'm assuming Champers wasn't the only thing you were drinking. Nevertheless that is a lot of booze. Happy bday!jeeywu

     
  • At 11/6/07 21:21, Blogger Catherine said…

    wish I could have been there! enjoy the footbath!

     
  • At 12/6/07 00:51, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So sorry to have missed this fabulous evening. I promise to attend the next time that I RSVP!
    To another year of your health and happiness, Sam!

    Shane.

     
  • At 12/6/07 10:05, Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said…

    You can never, and I mean NEVER. Have too much champagne at a party. Especially because you get to drink the leftovers! Cheers!!

     
  • At 13/6/07 01:23, Blogger Andreea said…

    what a party that must have been :)
    (happy belated b-day btw)

     
  • At 13/6/07 06:43, Blogger Civic Center said…

    Thanks for the awesome party with beautiful people and beautiful food. I stuck with vodka rather than champagne because of aforementioned hangover possibilities, so actually woke up the next day just fine. Thanks again.

     
  • At 16/7/07 10:08, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Blinkin' nora you can put it away girl. I thought we were doing well with three bottles on Mumm, a Mumm Magnum, 4 bottles of wine and half a bottle of Pastis a noodelegirls' 'do last night. Looks like we have some work to do playing catchup...

    Still, we did only have 15 people. Most of whom are French, so you know...

     
  • At 16/7/07 10:12, Blogger Sam said…

    wimps!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home