Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Berne, Baby, Berne!

Bay Area Food Bloggers favourite journalist, Amanda Berne leaves the Chronicle.

Although many of us have known this news for quite a while, today the announcement is official. You can read Amanda's last Inside Scoop column before she heads over to Ten Speed Press where she will be a senior editor specializing in cookbooks.

I just wanted to thank Amanda, who I first met when she interviewed me 18 months ago for an article about Food Bloggers. She has since been a great support to our community, she has encouraged us and she has become a good friend of mine.

Good luck with your new venture, Amanda!




Archives:
2005 | Vegan Recipe Roundup: Starters, Snacks, Soups & Sandwiches

|
Berne, Baby, Berne!

5 Comments:

  • At 4/10/06 11:13, Blogger wheresmymind said…

    Hey...always a good thing to have a friend who supports us cyber-foodies!

     
  • At 4/10/06 13:41, Blogger Guy said…

    I sent off a huge spankin' of congrats this morning. That's just way too cool, Ten Speed Press? YEAH !!! I am in awe, even hours later.

    Biggles

     
  • At 4/10/06 13:46, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    While I wish her all the success in the world, which she deserves, I will miss her good work. Amanda really seems to have her finger on the pulse of food in this region.

     
  • At 5/10/06 12:50, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll miss Amanda's excellent writing at the Chronicle, but I'm excited for her landing such a great new gig. I'm so happy that she included news of my new restaurant in her latest (and last) column.

     
  • At 8/10/06 12:21, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wmm- amanda was stellar for that. She single handedly put many of us Bay Area bloggers on the map.

    drbiggles - i hope you are still in awe by the time I get round to replying to my comments!

    tana - I will definitely miss her at the chron, for sure.

    brett - i am so ashamed - i read that put then didnt put two and two together at first and realise she was talking about you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home