Sunday, July 30, 2006

Le Blogathon est Fin


2006 blogathon 24 hours of blogging to raise money for food runners in san francisco on july 29th 2006

Thanks to everyone who took part. We made it!
And the cookies aren't half bad after all.

The Blogathon records are slightly inconsistent but we made either $2372.00 or $2407.00 worth of pledges. I am in tears I am so touched by the kindness of everyone. It is just truly amazing.

If you missed out on my 24 hours of blogathon hell fun, then just read back through the last several dozen posts. I started with my weekly shopping at the farmer's market, I made several types of crostini, I spent the afternoon with my chosen charity, Food Runners, as they delivered surplus food from the market to the needy. I went to a wine bar that had only been open for a couple of hours and I caught up with my friend for her birthday drinks before heading off on a late night tour of San Francisco eats including sticky ribs, dessert, donuts and Chinese food, with Amy. Thanks to everyone who donated money, time and moral support to me throughout. Thanks to every one who kept me company online. Sorry I didn't have time to reply to all your comments as the day progressed - it was much tougher than I thought it would be! But I survived. But now I must go and get some rest. A bien tot...




There is still time to pledge a donation here. Pledges will be open for a couple of days and after that everyone should get an email explaining how to turn the pledge into the real donation.



| | | |
Le Blogathon est Fin

23 Comments:

  • At 30/7/06 06:24, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A final well done

     
  • At 30/7/06 06:35, Blogger Bonnie said…

    Sam,

    Congratulations. What an amazing accomplishment, you are so brave!

    Sleep well!

     
  • At 30/7/06 07:18, Blogger s'kat said…

    Bravo, bravo!

    *claps*

     
  • At 30/7/06 07:55, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Sam on a job exceedingly well done!!

    Enjoy your well earned rest.

     
  • At 30/7/06 07:56, Blogger Dive said…

    Cheers!

    k.

     
  • At 30/7/06 08:12, Blogger Alanna Kellogg said…

    Way to go, Sam ... I loved seeing your Mum cheering you on the whole way! I bet she's got one big generous heart, too!

     
  • At 30/7/06 09:24, Blogger Cate said…

    Whoo-hoo, Sam!! What a great thing you've done. :)

     
  • At 30/7/06 09:32, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Brava, Sam.

    Sweet dreams.

     
  • At 30/7/06 09:40, Blogger Alice Q. Foodie said…

    Congrats Sam - great job!

     
  • At 30/7/06 09:59, Blogger Joy said…

    Congrats -- well done!

     
  • At 30/7/06 10:02, Blogger anni said…

    Congratulations! Job well done!

    Tootles,

    Anni :-)

     
  • At 30/7/06 10:29, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    Most impressive.

     
  • At 30/7/06 11:06, Blogger Beccy said…

    Well done Sam, I enjoyed spending the day with you.

     
  • At 30/7/06 12:13, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam -

    Well done, indeed!

    Pim, Shuna and I were all saying that you could totally have come to BlogHer - there were wireless connections in all the rooms, and you'd have been able to blog every 30 minutes from 7am onwards about the sessions, etc.

    You were definitely missed.

    Next year!

     
  • At 30/7/06 14:11, Blogger Papilles et Pupilles said…

    congratulations ! Bravo !

     
  • At 30/7/06 15:40, Blogger kitchenmage said…

    bows deeply to the south

    You totally rock! Now sleep.

     
  • At 30/7/06 15:42, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sam - well done - thoroughly entertaining - found myself checking in (right through 1:45 this morning and then again at 7:00) - wanted to post a comment and cheer you on but i was on my motorola as home computer is down and unable to post.....anyway excellent job and I (and obviously many others) had a great time living vicariously through you. i pledged and am awaiting details on how to actually pay...

     
  • At 30/7/06 15:53, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I need to doublecheck with Blogathon again, but I believe you will get a follow-up email in a couple of days explaining how to pay.
    I will post about it tomorrow
    and give everyone a heads up then.


    I am not going to answer all these encouraging comments one by one - O I need to get out of the house for some daylight!

    ssuffice to say I could not have done this without the encouragemnet you all afforded me!

    cheers

     
  • At 30/7/06 19:32, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 30/7/06 20:01, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    dear anon, thank you for your comment and the charitable work you yourself do.

    Unfotunately I do not accept commercial advertising on my blog and since you included a link to your business, I am afraid I have to delete your comment.

    Please feel free to re-comment, without the link. Also note that non-anonymous comments are far more likely to be taken seriously.

     
  • At 30/7/06 20:14, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done Sam. I enjoyed following your adventures.

     
  • At 30/7/06 20:56, Blogger Elise said…

    Hi Sam - you are amazing, what a trooper! Congratulations on finishing and I hope you are getting some well deserved sleep.

     
  • At 30/7/06 22:12, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great going Sam. Well done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home