Saturday, November 26, 2005

Hollywood en France

The Translation of "Hollywood: into French

photograph picture of French Hollywood

Happy Birthday, today, to my little nephew, Ben, now aged 5.


In French, the word Hollywood, can mean one of two things. Firstly it is the Chewing Gum that I happily bring back for my friend Katja every time I go to France. Secondly, it is a cute French dog, named Hollywood, rolling around in the grass. Since I featured French cats last weekend, it is only fair I give some bandwidth to the French dog too!


PS This was an entry for Weekend Dog Blogging # 11 over at Sweetnicks.

Archive Alert! This weekend in 2004 check out a post called Feeding the Workers.

| | |
Hollywood en France

7 Comments:

  • At 26/11/05 13:17, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    now that little dog is really cute.

     
  • At 26/11/05 13:31, Blogger Sam said…

    Mum - now you know I keep telling you, you should visit Cookiecrumb, because she wants you to comment on her blog. She is a big fan of comments from other bloggers mums. She also has the cutest little dog in the world. Go and see her and say hello! Please. I beg you. I implore you.

     
  • At 26/11/05 13:31, Blogger Sam said…

    PS - she is pretty funny too.

     
  • At 26/11/05 16:51, Blogger Monkey Gland said…

    Oh man! Cherry Flavoured Hollywoods...they were the crack cocaine of my last year in middle school when everyone came back off french exchange...

     
  • At 26/11/05 17:00, Blogger Sam said…

    my similar teen addiction was the cassis or framboise.
    But didn't the flavour only last like 30 seconds, then hollywood cold turkey?

     
  • At 26/11/05 19:01, Blogger Monkey Gland said…

    That's right you'd get this full on intense hit of flavour and then about 30 seconds later, the most flavourless piece of gum you ever ate. Which is why we got through hundreds of them...

     
  • At 27/11/05 14:21, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sam do not be amazed with me I thought I would surprise you!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home