Thursday, April 14, 2005

Think Pink ! Wine Blogging Wednesday #9 is announced.

photograph picture of wine decanter filled with faux rose

It has not escaped my notice that some - people - have difficulty remembering the colour of the wine they are supposed to critique for Lenndevour's virtual, monthly meme, Wine Blogging Wednesday. So now, in its ninth edition, I am tickled pink to announce that this month, countries of origin are completely redundant. As a member of that exclusive club of bloggers who are obviously colour-impaired, I hereby declare we should all forget about common but oh so confusing, every day wine colours like red and white and just think pink instead.
Yes, this month's communal wine tasting is on the theme of anything at all rosé. A review of any wine that looks like my favourite colour will be welcome to join in on Wednesday May 11th.

If you would like to take part in WBW#9, choose a rosé wine, look at it, sniff it, taste it, drink and then write something about it. Photograph it too, if you are so inclined, and then post your findings, on your blog, on Wednesday May the 11th. If you can, give us some background details, history, winemakers, place of purchase, cost. Just so you know, some bloggers like to suggest food pairings too, but this is not, by any means, a must. You don't have to be an expert wine taster to join in either. WBW warmly welcomes particpants with any level of experience, from beginners (like me) to expert wine bloggers with wine-dedicated blogs.

Shortly after the May 11th deadline I will do a roundup of all of the entries. The result, hopefully, will be a collection of varied and interesting rosé wines from all over the world. Maybe someone will be able to blog about the first bottle of wine I think I ever ordered in a restaurant, Mateus Rose . (oh yes, I am a girl with such class!) Please send me an email with your pink post on May 11th for inclusion in the roundup.

I am not going to give you a list of suggestions, because I would like you all just to go for it without influencing your choice. Summer is just around the corner and the sun is about to peek his head out from behind the clouds which is the best excuse to get outside, breathe some fresh air, and enjoy a nice chilled glass of some gorgeous-looking, thirst-quenching, pretty in pink wine. If you are stuck for ideas, just ask your local wine merchant for recommendations. Oh, I can hardly wait. Enjoy, oh, and cheers everyone!

For more information about Food & Wine Blogging Community events visit the Is My Blog Burning website.

posted in and
Think Pink ! Wine Blogging Wednesday #9 is announced.

14 Comments:

  • At 15/4/05 08:04, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wines to match your blog! How delightful!

    Assuming my notes are right, I have one I might do in storage. But another one comes to mind...

    I'll be out of town on May 11, but it seems likely I can post from Germany.

     
  • At 15/4/05 10:31, Blogger sarah j. gim said…

    PINK!

    my favorite color :)

    can't wait. in fact, i think i may start this weekend ;)

     
  • At 15/4/05 16:03, Blogger Sam said…

    Andrew. it was embarassing enough admitting to prior consumption of the Mateus in public, but if you think I am also going to let everyone in the world know that I used to drink gallons of Gallo White Grenache, in my younger, more foolish days, you've got another thing coming sir. Me! white Grenache? Not possible, darlings, there must be some mistake.

     
  • At 16/4/05 14:41, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, I was looking for a chance to catch-up on the rose of Anjou and Sancerre on Winecast! I’ll probably throw in Bonny Doon's Vin Gris de Cigare or Sanford's Pinot Noir - Vin Gris (the one in "Sideways") for good measure.

    A great theme!!

     
  • At 18/4/05 14:38, Blogger caveman said…

    I drink Mateus by the case... has to be served dead cold and in the spirit of in flight cocktails...I am dreaming pink.
    Caveman

     
  • At 26/4/05 13:17, Blogger Scotty V. said…

    I love it! I better start sampling...

     
  • At 26/4/05 13:18, Blogger Scotty V. said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 28/4/05 22:37, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can't wait! I'm sitting on a few pinks right now -- or maybe I'll dash out and pick up a SPARKLING pink!

     
  • At 9/5/05 06:08, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just hit the Bay Area rose Jackpot! Check out the selection here at:
    https://vineyardgate.com/store.html
    They even have the one I'm writing about (I'm not telling yet, though.) for less than I paid for it at the importer's! Glad you were thinking pink. -CD

     
  • At 11/5/05 06:07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks again for hosting this month! I just put up a post for the delicious rosé that I would not have found if it weren't for this!

     
  • At 11/5/05 06:10, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Please check out my tasty choice, the Corte Gordoni Bardolino Chiaretto. Rosé Italian Style!

     
  • At 12/5/05 06:49, Blogger Jeanne said…

    Hi Sam!

    Here's my contribution - and thanks for the very timely choice of theme (you'll see what I mean when you read the post...!)
    http://cooksister.typepad.com/cook_sister/2005/05/wbw_rose.html

    Cheers!

     
  • At 20/4/08 10:51, Blogger kansasrose said…

    works for me! What a fun event! I love pink! I have the perfect pink wine in mind...Happy Pink Full moon tonight! Love your blog... ( I am invited reader, however for this cool event on the 11th I will open my blog to public reading.) Thanks!

    Ohhhh...I remember Mateus...and Lancer's Rose' and God forbid Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill :) this dates me, I know.

     
  • At 20/4/08 10:54, Blogger kansasrose said…

    duh...just realized this was 3 years ago...I'm always late for parties. sigh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home