Wednesday, March 09, 2005

The Most Beautiful Lunch Eats in the Bay Area?

At least once a month, I just can't help myself. It's time for another one of my raves about the little, hidden away, Larkspur Cafe, Tabla, who make my absolute favourite lunches in Marin. Their food is always seasonal, fresh, organic and healthy, but oh so delicious. I usually run a mile from anything that is too good for me, but Tabla is a glorious exception to that rule.

I just can't resist vegetables when they are presented like this.



More than just a pretty face, Tabla's food always tastes as good as it looks, too.
Pictured below, a seasonal nettle soup with lemon creme fraiche.



Tabla can be found at 1167 Magnolia Avenue, Larkspur, (415) 461-6787

I recommend their specials, salads and soups over their signature dosas but Fred actually prefers the Indian-style lacy sourdough pancake filled with scrambled farm eggs, curry spiced poatoes and spinach. Check out my previous Tabla posts for more information here, here, here and here



Coming up Soon on Becks & Posh

A16 - a review of my visit to the popular Marina Italian

Teaching Tim - Young, free and single, my colleague, Tim, wants to learn to cook so he can impress the girls and we're going to try and teach him. Ladies - stop by again soon to see how hot Tim is in the kitchen. First recipe on the menu - Vinny's Chicken Scarpelli.

Mario's Bohemian Cigar Store
- people watching in North Beach

Creating Restaurant Food at Home - how I copied Townhall and made a (kind of) version of their delicious Bakewell Cream Biscuits with Smithfield Ham and Red Pepper Jam, at home.
The Most Beautiful Lunch Eats in the Bay Area?

4 Comments:

  • At 9/3/05 11:28, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sam - they are indeed beautiful...

     
  • At 9/3/05 11:33, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how hot could tim be? i wonder.

     
  • At 9/3/05 15:48, Blogger Ziz said…

    "Bakewell Cream Biscuits with Smithfield Ham and Red Pepper Jam, at home."

    Sweet Jesus Sam. That sounds so delish. :D Looking forward to it and hoping you are keeping well!
    Alicat

     
  • At 14/3/05 06:02, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Sam!

    That sounds fabulous - I'm definitely gonna check it out next time I'm over!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home