Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Ant Rant

This morning I opened a box of Sugar Puffs that I had recently carted all the way across the atlantic ocean. I poured them into a bowl and splashed them with ice cold milk. I dug in a spoon, licked my lips and took a delicious journey back to my childhood.



Then along came the ***bleep*** ants to spoil my guilty pleasure. On returning home from work this evening I looked in my pantry only to discover that instead of hanging out in the little anti-ant houses I had kindly left there to accommodate them, a gazillion ants from the hood had discovered what I knew all along. Sugar Puffs taste flippin' gorgeous. Drat. One almost whole, nearly new, scarce in the US, box of little puffed wheats coated in honey, ending their short but very sweet life in the trash.
Ant Rant

6 Comments:

  • At 31/3/05 00:39, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kellogg "Honey Smacks", the one with the frog on the box. Haven't eaten sugar cereals in a while but liked those a lot as a kid, they should still be at regular grocery stores.

     
  • At 31/3/05 02:31, Blogger santos. said…

    wow. both of those are great stripper names.

     
  • At 31/3/05 06:17, Blogger Laurie said…

    ohhh I went to scotland this summer and I ate those Sugar Puffs but in the limited edition box with letters.. I couldn't stop eating them raw.. so yummy

     
  • At 31/3/05 06:27, Blogger Rachael Narins said…

    Go to Chinatown (or Clement Street) to any of the random junk shops and buy a box of Miraculous Insect Chalk. It two little sticks of "chalk" in an orange and yellow box with black writing. Costs about $1 and really truly does work...all you do is draw a line across the floor and the ants can’t cross it. Sorry about your cereal though! I’ll be in England next month if you want, I’d be happy to send you a box! -Rachael

     
  • At 2/4/05 16:08, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Poor Sam, I could send them to you anytime!

     
  • At 3/4/05 12:05, Blogger Sam said…

    Thanks everyone , so much, for all the kind offers. I have an English friend in SF who is going back very shortly who said she will bring me a replacement pack. It's a return favour for the sticky toffee puds and mincemeat I bought her.

    thanks for ant tips and the stripper name suggestions too, but I already have my stage name - it's "Topsy Tuffley", thank you very much :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home