Saturday, December 25, 2004

How Fred Made me Cry

We had agreed, no Christmas presents for each other again this year. Our tradition is Birthdays only. I had been running around San Francisco all morning trying to buy ingredients for our Christmas Day dinner. Live crabs from one place, sushi grade salmon from the other side of town, you can imagine the stress of it all, the queues, the madness.

Back home, shopping unpacked, I dived in to my cooking duties. Fred, meanwhile, was out for lunch. Mid afternoon, I heard the door click open and I saw him walk in, carrying the hugest box. It wasn't wrapped and the bag was partially transparent. My eyes widened when I saw the word "Kitchen Aid". I just burst into tears. He came over and wiped away the tears. "Hey", he said softly, "You do everything and I do nothing. You deserve it"



He was worried he might have chosen the wrong colour. But I love it!
How Fred Made me Cry

10 Comments:

  • At 25/12/04 09:01, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great Christmas present ! Enjoy it ! Merry Christmas and happy cooking together ;)

     
  • At 25/12/04 09:51, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! Congratulations to you both! Sam, the color is amazing by the way. Great job Fred! Viv

     
  • At 25/12/04 10:21, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It looks great Sam. Enjoy Christmas Dinner with your friends love mum

     
  • At 25/12/04 11:11, Blogger Amy Sherman said…

    Congrats! What a sweet post. And a sweet guy of course. Do share all your Kitchen-Aid adventures, my is sadly under used and I could use the inspiration. Happy Crimbo!

     
  • At 25/12/04 13:03, Blogger Cathy said…

    What a nice guy! I know you'll love the mixer and put it to good use. Merry Christmas Sam!

     
  • At 26/12/04 00:31, Blogger Anne said…

    Oh, what a wonderful surprise, and it's a GREAT gift! I love mine - I use it all the time, and it's such a handy appliance! Have fun getting to know it!

     
  • At 29/12/04 07:06, Blogger Estelle Tracy said…

    Awesome! I am really happy for you, it's a very sweet boyfriend you have here, how thoughtful! Bravo, Fred!

     
  • At 1/1/05 16:05, Blogger Cerebrum said…

    Awww, that's so sweet! You'll love it, no doubt, and the color is way cool!

     
  • At 10/1/05 11:52, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I got the same gift this Christmas, from my mom, in beautiful cherry red. I spent the whole next Saturday making cookies all day -- 5 batches! -- and the mixer didn't break a sweat, unlike in past years when I was working out the hand mixer.
    Congratulations and enjoy your new toy!
    Lindsay

     
  • At 12/1/05 12:30, Blogger Sam said…

    I don't know how I ever managed without it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home