Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Bake Sales for Charity - Week One

Every November, the company I work for has a "Penny Drive" for the Aids Emergency Fund who this year, for the first time, are supporting the Breast Cancer Emergency Fund too. The fund-raising culminates in a grand spelling bee competition at the beginning of December. Each year we seem to double the amount of money we raised the year before and last year we made over $20,000.

This year, I volunteered to coordinate a series of weekly bake sales to try and help raise some more money for the cause. Yesterday, we had the first of our five bake sales. The first theme was "Pot Luck". It was very successful thanks to all the wonderful people who baked and bought the goodies on offer.


cake cake

I made Luscious Lemon Drizzle Cake from a recipe I found on the BBC Radio 4 Woman's hour website.

I also made some Rich Little Hazelnut Chocolate Cakes based on Clotilde's Gâteau Fondant au Chocolat et Noisettes Caramélisées Recipe over at Chocolate & Zucchini . I made slight adaptions to her recipe. I found I had no vanilla essence so I used chocolate essence instead. I cooked them in individual mini muffin tins instead of as one big cake. As a consequence I reduced the cooking time by about 15 minutes to stop them becoming too dry.
Bake Sales for Charity - Week One

1 Comments:

  • At 2/11/04 13:03, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's a great idea to have baked them individually, it must have made for a wonderful crust/interior ratio! And the Gâteau au Chocolate et Noisettes Caramélisées is certainly proud to have taken part in such a great initiative! Hope the other bake sales are as successful.
    Best,
    Clotilde.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home