Saturday, October 09, 2004

Shhhh! I am about to make a stink...

I am about to make some Kedgeree for a picnic event. Kedgeree contains smoked haddock which is difficult to get hold of in San Francisco. Most Americans I've asked have never even heard of it. I had some shipped to me from Scotland through Mackenzie.
It looks absolutely beautiful.

Tabla1
Click on the picture too enlarge.

The only problem is, Fred hates everything about fish. Especially the smell. As it happens, this haddock, because of the way it is smoked, is possibly one of the stinkiest fishes ever. Right now he is slumbering, and I am loathe to to do it to him, but I must else I will be late to the picnic. He is about to be woken from his dreams by the overpowering scent of haddock being poached. We live in a loft, there are no doors I can close, I've just got to get on with it.

Apologies to Fred for the rude awakening I am about to deliver to him...

(More info and Kedgeree recipe to follow...)
Shhhh! I am about to make a stink...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home