Saturday, April 07, 2007

Greed is a Sin

And Here is the Proof

When you are in a Supermarket and you come across free samples, it is cool to try one. But if you are greedy and take a second sample you might have your comeuppance. For example, if you are standing in line at Wholefoods and you notice some organic, natural jelly beans, then take a little handful and savour them. But if you enjoy them too much and go back for seconds, the omnipresent, all-knowing Greedmeister will know what you are up to and you will be punished. You might even lose part of one of your teeth in the process. Crunchy jelly beans aren't so great, believe me.





Archives
2006 | What Matters in Vegas, Is Where You Stay in Vegas
2005 | Citizen Cake

© 2007 Sam Breach at "Becks & Posh", becksposhnosh.blogspot.com This RSS Feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this material in your news aggregator, or at the aforementioned url, the site you are looking at might be guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact becks.posh.food.blog[AT]gmail[DOT]com to report any suspected violations. Thank you.
Greed is a Sin

17 Comments:

  • At 7/4/07 19:06, Blogger cookiecrumb said…

    I want photographic proof.

     
  • At 7/4/07 19:27, Blogger Dagny said…

    Ouch! The last time I lost part of a tooth was to a really tasty slice of pizza. Apparently I bit down on the red pepper flakes the wrong way.

     
  • At 7/4/07 19:44, Blogger Shelly said…

    Hi, I really enjoyed reading your blog.

     
  • At 7/4/07 19:56, Blogger Anna Haight said…

    Sooo sorry - ouch! Last time I lost a piece of tooth it was to something soft and I recall being stunned!

     
  • At 7/4/07 20:03, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Starting early on your easter eggs, I gather. My last cracked tooth was on a cracker jack, needed a crown for that one, that was a pretty expensive bite. Good luck with the dentist!

     
  • At 7/4/07 22:13, Blogger Pamela said…

    yes... that and a rock in your refried beans

     
  • At 7/4/07 22:38, Blogger Chubbypanda said…

    Owie owie owie owie!

    Poor Sam.

     
  • At 7/4/07 23:16, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said…

    Dear sam. Ouch! I didn't realise there was such a thing as food karma, I'll have to be careful.

    And pamela - a rock in your refried beans? Ouch too!

     
  • At 8/4/07 02:43, Blogger Trig said…

    Photo, photo!

     
  • At 8/4/07 04:47, Blogger Beccy said…

    A chocolate eclair once did it for me!

     
  • At 8/4/07 05:06, Blogger ChrisB said…

    sam so a trip to dentist, expensive freebie indeed.

    beccy on a chocolate eclair?????

     
  • At 8/4/07 11:07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You broke your tooth on a JELLYBEAN? My dear, it must be the slow rotting from too much champagne that is the real culprit.h

     
  • At 8/4/07 11:27, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oof.

    A Jellybean? I hope it was delicious.

     
  • At 8/4/07 16:51, Blogger Elise said…

    Oh NOooooo!

    Ouch!

    I call that "Instant Karma Equalization", but it seems like Karma got the better of that deal in this case.

     
  • At 9/4/07 10:02, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    on a jelly bean? oh my! I go back for seconds on the occassion, i'm going to have to take your experience as a warning. hope the visit to the dentist goes okay!

     
  • At 9/4/07 12:03, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My preferred sins are gluttony, lust and sloth. They make for the best weekends. I'll consider myself warned on the greed front. Sorry about the tooth, poor dear.

     
  • At 10/4/07 05:46, Blogger Douglas Cress said…

    :) perhaps it was the work of a saboteur

     

Post a Comment

<< Home